Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow

My opionion isn't among the majority, I really like the snow! It is beautiful. The way the light sparkles off it in the morning. The way it crunches under our feet. The way it hides the ugly, nasty brown desert we call home.
However, the fresh, white winter snow is preparing to leave us as quickly as it came. Our temperatures have risen from near 0F to above freezing. We can feel the warmth of the sun during the middle of the day. Puddles are forming in the roadways.
I found the snow starting to melt from a nearby rooftop, slowly sliding to the ground. It is turning to ice underneath, bug curved icicles.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Kate', I love the snow too! I figure if we're going to have cold weather, we might as well enjoy all the great things about snow -- the beauty, the reflected sunlight, the snow sport fun. Believe me, being a New Orleans native transplant here in Minnesota, it took me over a dozen years to finally give in and celebrate a good snowy winter by learning how to XC ski and snowshoe. Now, if only we'd get (and keep!) the kind of snow that everywhere else in the northern half of the United States has been getting, we'd be good. Our current state is just a bit of leftover "snow," also known as ice. You should have seen the slipping and sliding going on at XC ski club today!

Mom2fur said...

I love to look at it...I just don't like to drive on it. Well, mostly I don't like driving on ice. Snow isn't so bad--it has some kind of traction.
We didn't have much of a winter here, anyway, this year. Probably got a half inch of snow. Then again, that groundhog over in Pennsylvania says we've got six more weeks to go, so who knows what will happen?