Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Columbus Day - Rikard Style

As part of a classroom project, Rikard recently drew a picture and wrote a paragraph telling three interesting facts about Christopher Columbus. His paragraph reads: I no alot uBat Christopher Columbus. First, he went on advenerz. Next, he went on three ships. Last he found land. Christopher Columbus is best in the west.

Personally, I like the giant whale riding on the horizon and charging toward Columbus' ships in his artwork. It adds a touch of Rikard's own fictional interpretation to the adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, Rikard! I have a clear understanding of who it is and where he's going after reading the paragraph you wrote. And, of course, you are right - Christopher Columbus really is the best in the west and you're right up there with him! Keep up the good work.

Joy