Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Slow commuting

Usually I hit the road headed to work and home, sharing the two-lane highway with fellow work- and home-bound people, a couple pick-up trucks filled with firewood and the occassional logging truck. Last week I shared the road - at a much slower pace - with a horse-drawn wagon.

The first time I passed the wagon we near the Idaho-Washington border near Newport, Wash. Two days later I passed him while he was *refueling* (photo above) near Riverside High School along Highway 2. A distance that usually take me about 25 minutes took him two days.
This weekend we found him camped at the local Big R store. We were all interested in knowing more about him and saw him on the news when we got home. You can learn more about him at www.leehorselogger.com.

No comments: