Upon our return home, we dug right into our weekend project. There were two stumps from former ornamental Japenese Lace Leaf Maple trees. This weekend we removed one of the stumps and replaced it with a new tree.
Moving the decorative rock is just tedious, made worse by screams from Keeli of "don't hurt the roly-poly" and waiting while she relocates the little bugs. Stubby was really into the digging part, she just wasn't very focused on helping.
When it was time to place the tree in the hole, we realized after dropping it in the hole was far too deep for our little tree.
After we got it out of the hole, Rick left me holding it perched on the edge while he filled the bottom of the hole back in.