Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Where in the world?

Mars?
No, just bacterial pools from the various hotsprings and geyser beds at Yellowstone National Park. I took these on our recent vacation there.
While walking through the park the sulfur fumes are quite overpowering for many, but for those brave enough to stop and look closely, the landscape - especially on a micro level - is fantastic.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Cool.

Mo said...

I think it's Venus! njc

The Tin House said...

Are the fumes bad enough to set off an asthmatic? The sulphur in dried fruit sometimes starts me wheezing.
Lisa x