Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Drum roll please...

Our little Amadeus had a school performance recently. These are highlight photos from the 1st and 2nd grade spring music program, featuring the xylophone. Rikard and the other students were all very focused, very intent.
They had a special move in the middle of one of their pieces, called "click and spin." They clicked their batons together, quickly spun around in a circle and went right back to playing. What he lacks in height, he makes up for in intensity.
He wants to learn to play the drums and the electric guitar (like a rock star) before 5th grade when students here typically choose between band, choral or strings. I remember back in the day my brother practicing his trombone out in the barn because it was too much for the rest of us to bear in the house. I think we may be faced with a similar situation sooner than later.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love it! We were a marching band family. Sis played the alto sax. And yep, we needed a barn some days/daze! LOL But I miss all of it bunches!!!!!

Lori said...

I remember your brother and his trombone! Rikard looks very serious about his craft.