Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 02, 2007

My fave things - 12.2

The right of passage of the church Christmas program ranks right at the top of the list of my favorite holiday things. This year the kids are involved in a traditional portrayal of the birth of Jesus.

Here you have a coy shepard, dedicated to the protection of the baby Jesus.
The only chance Tatum has of wearing a halo is as part of the angelic choir.

My most cherished childhood memories of this event begin with me dressing up as a sheep and crawling on hands and knees toward the altar for the program. Then, my little sister was a sheep and I was an angel. One year I even got to play Mary. Then, one year I was a raggedy ann doll dancing in the toystore at night for a non-traditional portrayal of the arrival of Jesus.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Actually all those angels look like their halos might have slipped a bit! LOL It is in the eyes!