Looking for my quilts and creative posts? Visit www.kalicokate.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cinnamon bun recipe

Apparently it is not nice to post photos of freshly baked cinnamon rolls without sharing the quick and easiest recipe for them ever. I am sorry! This recipe is from Kim and is printed in the latest copy of the BBCC Staff and Faculty Cookbook.

Ingredients
1 ¾ cups warm water
6 Tbs. sugar
½ cup oil
3 Tbs. dry yeast
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 eggs
5 ½ cups flour
butter
brown sugar
cinnamon
raisins

Mix water, sugar, oil and yeast. Let stand 15 minutes. Add eggs, salt and flour, mix well. Roll to ½" thickness. Spread with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins to taste. Roll up and cut in 1 ½" pieces. Place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise 10-15 minutes. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes. Cool and frost with vanilla or cream cheese frosting. Makes 24.

NOTES: I use my Kitchen Aid mixer and 6 cups of flour. I've used white and a mix of white and unbleached flour. I use confectioners icing, 2 cups of powdered sugar with enough milk whisked in to desired consistency. You must wait until they are nearly cooled to put this icing on.

No comments: